Monday, July 6, 2015

Helping My Clients Reach the American Dream


Since the start of our nation, Americans have worked to own their own land and moreover their own home.  Our nation is only a few in the world that this is possible.  It is a privilege granted to anyone who wants it; not a birthright, and not for only the rich.

 My goal is to help everyone I come in contact with to make this dream a reality.

In the past, it was much easier to attain, but now with the credit and housing crunch there are many hoops you must jump to make it to home ownership.  

As seen below;
There have been some who have voiced doubt as to whether or not the younger generations still consider buying a home as being part of the “American Dream”. A recent study by Merrill Lynch puts that doubt to rest. According to their research, every living generation still maintains that owning a home is in fact important. Here are the numbers:


This should not surprise us as many studies have revealed the benefits enjoyed by the families who own their own home. One such study was done by the Joint Center of Housing Studies at Harvard University that addressed a major financial benefit to owning your own home: forced savings.


The report explains:
“Since many people have trouble saving and have to make a housing payment one way or the other, owning a home can overcome people’s tendency to defer savings to another day.”


The Merrill Lynch study proves this point with the following data on home equity (a form of savings):


Bottom Line
There are many reasons that owning a home makes sense. The financial reasons are powerful.

 As one participant in the Merrill Lynch study put it:
“When I was younger, I always worried about that monthly mortgage payment. Now that I am retired, I have the peace of mind of knowing I own my home free and clear.”


If you know someone thinking of starting the process of buying a home and are not working with a REALTOR—Let them know it doesn’t cost them a thing to have someone on their side to make sure they get the right representation, and I will be in their corner the whole way through to make sure they have taken the right path to lead them to the their dreams down the line.

 I would be so honored if you passed my name to them and I would be happy to guide them through the buying process. 


 special thanks to Keeping current matters