Last month STAT projected a median sales price for July of $223,000 with the added caveat that their mathematical projections have been coming in slightly lower than the actual results for most of this year. They expected a decline in the median sales price in July, but they also thought it would probably not be as low as our projection of $223,000. The actual median sales price in July was $225,000, 0.9% higher than the $223,000 projected by our mathematical model.
Looking ahead to August, the ARMLS Pending Price Index projects a
median sales price of $225,000.
MLS sales volume in July 2016 was at 7,630, which was 284 fewer
sales than July 2015 at 7,914. STAT had expected July sales volume to
be lower than the total last year as there were only 20 business days
this year compared to 22 business days last year. We begin August
with 6,705 pending and 3,633 UCB listings giving us a total of 10,338
residential listings practically under contract. This compares to 9,726
of the same type of listings at this time last year. There are 23 business
days in August this year compared to 21 business days in August
of 2015. August 2016’s sales volume will definitely be higher than last
year’s total of 7,010 and because of the calendar nuances they are expecting
August sales volume to also surpass July’s sales total of 7,630.
There are 19,530 active listings in the valley, of those listed 8,752 sold. This equals to 3 months supply of homes, Average days on market were 74 days.
Wow- what does all that mean? If you are thinking of selling- now is a good time! Contact me for a Free market analysis and a guide to get started!
Check out my Website at;
Monday, August 22, 2016
Saturday, August 13, 2016
If you’re looking for a home either new or a re-sale- in the South East Valley of Phoenix; including Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, or San Tan Valley you’ve got a lot of choices. Here are 10 communities in no particular order. I think they are worth checking out for your consideration if you are looking for a resale home.
1. Dobson Ranch – Built between 1973 and 1999, this well-established community offers easy access to freeways, walking distance to schools, and year round community events. Dobson Ranch offers tennis courts, community pool, golf course, meeting space, and programs for all ages.
2. Val Vista Lakes – Located in the heart of the fast-growing, family community of Gilbert, Val Vista Lakes offers more than 24 subdivisions and lakeside views, and a community center with heated pool and beach with sand, where you can enjoy special events with family and friends.
3. Augusta Ranch – Located in Mesa, Augusta Ranch offers golf, good neighbors, and daily private security to the residents of its 2,000 homes.
4. Parkwood Ranch – Located in East Mesa, this community of more than 1,400 homes includes 40+ acres of parks, five tot play areas, lighted basketball and volleyball courts, and an elementary school.
5. Fulton Ranch – Located in a sprawling Chandler community, Fulton Ranch offers playgrounds for kids, community parks, shopping and restaurants, and nearby Hamilton High School.
6. Ocotillo Lakes – With more than 162 acres of interconnected lakes and water features, it goes without saying that Ocotillo Lakes is a beautiful community. The Ocotillo Golf Resort is perfect for a round of golf, a wedding, or another special event for friends and family.
7. Seville – This is the premier community in the Gilbert area because of its proximity to the Seville Golf & Country Club, freeways, and schools. Walking paths, parks, and sports courts are available throughout the community.
8. The Islands – Walking distance to parks and schools, The Islands offers a great atmosphere, community activities, and three golf courses within ten miles.
9. Power Ranch – Community pools and splash pads, 26+ miles of trails, community clubhouse and a 7.5 mile park make this a sought-after neighborhood, easy access to shopping and entertainment.
10. Red Mountain Ranch – Located in east Mesa, Red Mountain Ranch offers golf courses, community and fitness centers, and parks easy access to freeways and Canyon lake is only about 30 minutes away for the water lovers.
When you are ready to start looking for a home in one of these or other east valley neighborhoods, check out my website at www.AzBuysHomes.com go to the Map search and you will find all the listing on the MLS if any catch your eye I would be happy to help you see them- contact Beery Realty to schedule a buyer's consulation and get you on the right path!