Life happens. Families grow, children leave the nest, and parents need home care. If your housing needs are changing, it’s time to consider listing your home and looking for a place better suited to your lifestyle. Do any of these sound like you?
- You’ve raised your family and it’s time to retire but you’re not sure where to start when it comes to downsizing and finding a 55+ community.
- You’re expecting your second child and your starter home is a two-bedroom condo that won’t fit your family once the baby is born
- Your last child is graduating high school and heading off to college, soon and you don't need that big home anymore.
- The family is grown but your son, daughter-in-law and toddler need a place to stay to get back on their financial footing after job loss.
- Your dad can’t live on his own anymore but he’s not ready for assisted living or your preference is to care for him in your home.
If any of these ring true, it’s time to call Beery Realty to help guide you to make the right decision for your situation. Let’s talk about what it takes to list your home and get ready for your new phase of life. Over time we accumulate stuff.
Whether it’s baby clothes and toys the kids have outgrown, crafting supplies, collectibles, or boxes of you’ve-moved-this-so-many-times-you’re-not-sure-what’s-in-it, there’s a fair amount of decluttering that needs to happen before we can list and here’s why. Buyers want to see the possibility of living in your home, not the footprint of your family. They want to envision where their stuff will go, not where you’ve put yours, and they want to see there’s room for their car in the garage, not your stacks of boxes. Think of the process as making space for the new buyer and not getting rid of memories. It’s not an easy task but the reward is in being able to call a new place home for you and your loved ones.
Rent storage space for the most valued items and discard, donate, or give away everything else. As you’re doing legwork at home, we’re preparing a listing including a price that reflects the value of your home in the current real estate market but it’s more than a price tag. With your help in making the home look buyer-ready, we’re also preparing your home to be marketed to buyers. There are many steps to do it right and without much stress- so if you’re not sure where to start when it comes to listing your home, we’re here to help! Call Beery Realty today at 480-570-1912 or email me at BeeryRealty@gmail.com.